The National Council has created a new position of Branch Recruitment and Retention Advisor (BRRA) who will be responsible for advising the National Council through the Association Management Committee (AMC) on a range of branch level recruitment and retention issues. The BRRA’s job spec and responsibilities are below;
Recruitment and Retention Advisor (RRA)
Job Spec –
1. Identify Members in Areas and Branches suitable to act as Recruiting and Retention Officers.
2. Organise and assist Area and Branch Recruiting and Retention Activities
3. Assist the Areas and NCMs identify Branches at risk of closing and provide help.
4. Assist Areas in identifying possible new Branches and special interest groups.
5. Share best practise - encouraging local activity
6. Develop an understanding of why people leave the RNA to develop retention strategies
7. Report to AMC as advisor
8. Advise the AMC on proposed Recruiting Activities
9. Develop cross over with marketing ideas for annual budget with GS
10. Manage devolved budget from GS.
The BRRA will be required to travel to Portsmouth three times a year for a Saturday meeting and once to Conference to update the AMC on progress (expenses provided). BRRA has been allocated a small travel budget to enable the BRRA to get started.
The BRRA position is open to Full and Associate members and anyone interested in applying for the position should forward their details to Central Office together with a short statement explaining why they believe they are the right person for the job.
The National Council will make an appointment at their meeting in June. If you require any further specific. information please contact Central Office on 02392 23747